Forge Valley Sixth Form offers a full and relevant careers programme.
Following the Gatsby Benchmarks of Good Careers Education we ensure that you have the opportunity to explore all your future options, ensuring that you make supported, well informed and positive career decisions about your post 18 journey and future career.
Topics covered include:
- University selection and applications
- Further, higher and degree level Apprenticeships
- Labour market information and future careers
- Entering the World of Work, including application and interview support
- How academic learning relates to employment and the labour market.
To support and inform your career decision making , you will be invited to participate in a range of activities including interactions with employers, experiences of the work place and higher education and the opportunity to participate in work experience placements.
In addition, you will be invited to attend a number of 1:1 sessions with an independent qualified careers adviser to develop a personalised career action plan