Learning at Forge Valley
As a school we believe that ambition and endeavour provide our students with the mind-set needed, not only to succeed academically, but in adult life in an ever changing modern world.
Our curriculum intends to:
- Provide a broad and balanced education for all students, providing a strong academic core of subjects and providing skills for future learning and employment
- Enable all students to develop knowledge, understand concepts and acquire skills, and be able to choose and apply these in relevant situations
- Support students' spirituality, moral, social and cultural development
- Support students' physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning for all students, with high expectations and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Have a high academic / vocational / technical ambition fot all students
- Equip students with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life
- Provide subject choices that support students learning and progression, and enable them to work towards achieving their goals
- Develop students independent learning skills and resilience, to equip them for further/higher education and employment.