Demonstrating Good Behaviour
In these sessions you will learn how important it is to form good relationships. The impact this will have at home, in school and in wider society. You will reflect on your behaviours and put together a pledge outlining the person you would like to be and the behaviours you would like to demonstrate. You will look at learning across the school and analyse why it is important to get it right. You will put a lot of thought into the following:
- How can you make a change?
- What extra-curricular activities could you participate in?
- How can you form positive relationships?
- How can you reach your potential?
- You will identify family members, staff and friends who can support you along the way.
Who can attend:
This intervention is for anyone looking to actively reduce negative behaviour in the classroom and around school during social times and to improve positive relationships with your peers and teachers.
Session 1: Forming positive relationships
- Why is it important to form positive relationships?
- Why is it important to treat others as we would like to be treated?
- How do positive/healthy relationships with those around us contribute to our mental health and well-being?
Session 2: How would others describe me.
- You will be given a printout of your behaviours around school and in lessons.
- You will reflect and describe how a stranger reading these incidents would describe you.
- You will think carefully about how these barriers can be eliminated.
Session 3: The Pledge.
- You will identify the new you.
- How can you be the best version of you? What do you wish to change?
- You will write a pledge to your parents/carers and post it to them.
Session 4: Learning walk and reflection.
- You will witness positive and negative behaviours around school.
- You will analyse these behaviours and triggers.
- You will explain how outcomes could be changed for the better
Session 5: Support network.
- You will identify a support network in school and at home.
- Who can help you achieve your goals? Who will encourage you to reach you potential?
- Where can you go for help?
Session 6: The new improved me.
- You will re-visit your behaviours around school from week 2.
- You will say goodbye to the old you and leave those behaviours in the past.
- You will reflect on what you have achieved over the past 5 weeks.